Your hospitality career with 1834 Hotels starts here.
1834 Hospitality manage a diverse range of tourism and hospitality businesses across South Australia, Victoria, Western Australia and the Northern Territory, including hotels, motels, resorts, restaurants, cafes, function centres and golf courses.
We are always on the look-out for highly motivated, qualified hospitality professionals looking to make a start or further their career in the industry. We have a wide range of positions over a variety of areas.
Our current vacancies are listed below:
Head Chef, Barossa Cucina
An exciting new opportunity is now available for a talented and passionate Head Chef to assist in leading an exciting brand-new establishment in the Barossa.
We are currently seeking an experienced and self-motivated Head Chef to assist in leading a busy kitchen team. With the exciting new venue to open soon, you will need to be passionate about food with a modern Italian influence and be eager to help grow a new business. For more details about this role, click here.
The Business Development Manager is predominantly responsible for increasing conference and event sales for the Clare Country Club and Barossa Weintal Hotel. The position is accountable for the development and continued servicing of all MICE (meeting, incentive, conference & event) accounts to ensure market share is achieved and maintained. This involves, but is not limited to; the implementation of sales strategies with the aim to maximize occupancy and yield across both properties and establishing and maintaining relationships with key corporate and MICE contacts. The Business Development Manager must source and secure the business then provide detailed handover to the property. For more details about this role, click here.
To be considered for this outstanding career opportunity, please forward your resume along with a covering letter demonstrating why you are the right person to join our dynamic, hard-working team to Glen Roberts, General Manager, email@example.com
Applications will be considered as they are received with a final closing date of 5pm Monday the 24th of July 2017.
General Manager, McCracken Country Club
A rare and exciting opportunity is now available to manage the Fleurieu Peninsula’s premier accommodation destination. We are seeking an experienced hospitality professional to lead our resort operations at McCracken Country Club, Victor Harbor. Reporting to 1834 Hotels, the successful candidate will have previous general management experience in a hotel or resort environment, with a comprehensive understanding of food & beverage and accommodation, and ideally some exposure to gaming and/or golf.
McCracken Country Club is a premier 4 star resort located on the outskirts of Victor Harbor township, in South Australia’s picturesque Fleurieu Peninsula region. Comprising 64 spa rooms, suites and apartments, the resort overlooks the Tony Cashmore designed, par 72, 18 hole golf course, offering bistro & restaurant dining, health club and function facilities, including the Victor Harbor Convention Centre. Learn more about the resort at www.mccrackencountryclub.com.au.
To be considered for this role, candidates will need to demonstrate:
- A passion for tourism & hospitality, with at least 3 years General Management experience, including accommodation and food & beverage management
- Proven ability to maximise profitability, through effective cost management and driving sales
- Strong leadership skills, outstanding communication (verbal & written), and exceptional time management
- Comprehensive understanding of all aspects of business operations, with a strong financial acumen
- Willingness to take a hands-on management approach to develop, motivate and lead a professional and dynamic team
- A focus and commitment to delivering high standards of service and product quality, to exceed customer expectations whilst ensuring best practices are achieved
- Previous working knowledge of various PMS, Channel Management and POS systems
- Commitment to WH&S policies and procedures to ensure a safe working environment
- Previous experience with Gaming and/or Golf will both be considered favourably
- Previous experience with H&L will also be considered favourably
Please submit your cover letter outlining how you meet the key criteria and why you are the perfect candidate for the General Manager position, along with your CV to:
Bianca Sowik, Director of Operations, 1834 Hotels
Confidential enquiries about the role are also welcome via email.
Applications close at 5pm on Wednesday, 9 August 2017.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications anticipated, only applicants shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
Head Chef, Aurora Alice Springs
An exciting career opportunity is now available for a talented and passionate Head Chef to lead our busy kitchen at the Red Ochre Grill Restaurant – Alice Springs Aurora Hotel.
We are currently seeking an experienced and self-motivated Head Chef to lead our busy kitchen team at the Red Ochre Grill Restaurant. Our restaurant is open 7 days a week and offers a selection Australian cuisine dishes.
The Hotel is managed by 1834 Hotels. A career with 1834 Hotels will open a world of opportunities with 25 properties within the portfolio in South Australia, Western Australia, Victoria, Queensland, New South Wales and the Northern Territory. You will discover a company that values individual excellence, and is motivated to provide a level of service which is excellent, innovative and customer driven.
Our Chefs provide a consistent and high quality standard of food to our guests. To be successful in this role you will need to have; a creative flair, be adventurous and versatile in your approach to cooking and have the ability to draw upon flavours of modern cuisine. This is a great opportunity to showcase your ability and talent within your chosen field and to further enhance your career as a true culinary professional.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Prior experience in a Head Chef position including proven ability to lead and develop a team and to manage kitchen costs and meet set targets;
- Comprehensive financial understanding of managing a profitable operation and managing costs particularly controlling wages;
- Trade Certificate III in Commercial Cookery minimum requirement;
- Extensive experience in a busy a la carte environment including menu creation and costing;
- A can-do, responsible, and flexible approach to work;
- Excellent communication skills;
- A friendly customer service demeanour;
- Effective leadership skills, creativity and a genuine passion for the industry;
- An ability to thrive under pressure and work as a team in a high paced environment;
- Demonstrated understanding of Hospitality Industry (General) Award compliance; and
- A strong appreciation of food, hygiene and workplace safety.
This is a full time role, working a spread of shifts over a 7 day roster; including week days, weekends, nights and public holidays. To apply, please email your application, current references, and a covering letter that clearly demonstrates your suitability for the position to: Mary-Lou Corcoran on firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that due to the high volume of applications expected, only short listed applicants will be contacted
If you are dedicated, take pride in exceptional customer service, and would like to join our team, please email your resume and a covering letter outlining the role/s you would like to be considered for, the location you would like to work in and why you think you would be asset to our company, to Human Resources Manager, Sharni King.