Your hospitality career with 1834 Hotels starts here.
1834 Hospitality manage a diverse range of tourism and hospitality businesses across South Australia, Victoria, Western Australia and the Northern Territory, including hotels, motels, resorts, restaurants, cafes, function centres and golf courses.
We are always on the look-out for highly motivated, qualified hospitality professionals looking to make a start or further their career in the industry. We have a wide range of positions over a variety of areas.
Our current vacancies are listed below:
Director of Sales, 1834 Hotels
1834 Hotels is now recruiting for a talented and driven full-time Director of Sales to join our dynamic head-office team in a full time permanent role.
Reporting to the General Manager and Chief Executive Officer, this position is an integral part of the 1834 Hotels Head Office team. The objectives of this role are to; oversee and manage the sales of 1834 Hotels managed properties as well as the sales resources employed by the properties, to achieve and exceed budget revenue expectations and to build strong industry relationships and drive revenue development at each property.
This unique role will require someone able to hit the ground running and manage and grow the existing relationships, accounts and overall corporate and MICE segment for the properties. This is an exciting position in a very fast growing company, you will be required to coordinate and implement a diverse range of sales opportunities across all markets e.g. Corporate, MICE, group buying, trade (wholesale/inbound), Consortia, and more.
About the Company
1834 Hotels is one of Australia’s fastest growing hospitality management companies. With 23 hotels and venues in the current portfolio offering boutique to large scale accommodation; budget to luxury options; conference and meeting facilities; restaurants and cafes; there is a hotel or venue to fulfil the need of a diverse range of clients
Learn more about 1834 Hotels at www.1834hotels.com.au
With further expansion planned, you will come on board at a very exciting and pivotal time in the company’s growth phase.
The remuneration package will be in line with the successful candidate’s experience and background. In return for your passion, hard work and sense of fun, we offer a friendly, energetic environment. To attract and retain the best people for our team, we also offer a range of exceptional benefits, including:
- Onsite parking
- Accommodation and dining discounts across the network
- Career development and a dedication to advancing our employees – as the group grows so does the opportunity for your career
About the Role
This is an outstanding opportunity for an experienced senior sales individual to join an expanding team dedicated to increasing revenue for all hotels in the 1834 Hotels portfolio. You will demonstrate your sales ability, people management, relationship management and hunger to drive sales to achieve sales budgets across many market segments.
The key 3 drivers for this role are:
- Manage and grow corporate market/MICE for all properties
- Source unique sales opportunities for regional properties
- Ensure adequate base business is secured for all properties
- Driving business into all properties in the 1834 Hotels portfolio
- Manage all 1834 top accounts with the purpose of retention and growth
- Proposing new initiatives to drive Accommodation and F&B revenue
- Manage and motivate a current team of 7 passionate sales individuals to achieve their sales targets
- Preparing proposals for accommodation, events and group bookings
- Conduct sales training when necessary
- Proactively grow and maintain a portfolio of accounts
- Work in conjunction with the General Manager on specific strategic and tactical marketing initiatives
- Arrange and Chair quarterly 1834 Hotels sales meetings with all sales staff across the portfolio
- Promote all facilities of the hotels and cross sell
- Monitor competitor activities
- Host familiarisations and site inspections Conduct familiarisation and site inspections with new and existing clients
- Generate reports as requested by management and key stakeholders
- Represent the company at industry and client events where required
- Attend ‘head of department’ meetings weekly, and ‘end of month’ meetings monthly to report on key activity and future plan
- Prepare fortnightly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports as required by management
The successful applicant must possess:
- A passion for sales and driving new business
- Proven ability to build and maintain professional relationships with internal and external clients
- A track record of increasing sales and building business in designated markets
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Be comfortable reporting to senior stake holders on activity undertaken
- High level of attention to detail as well as an outgoing friendly nature
- Effective time management skills and experience in liaising with multiple stakeholders and managing a portfolio of major accounts.
- The ability to actively hunt and secure new business and follow up when required
- Strong administration and coordination skills and have the ability to prioritise and achieve deadlines
- Commitment to delivering exceptional customer service and pride yourself in going above and beyond for the team at large
- Flexible and have a desire to work in a dynamic, fast paced team.
- An understanding of hotels and or the travel & hospitality industry
- Strong understanding of Microsoft office
- A ‘can do’ attitude and understand what it takes to achieve the best results and provide an unforgettable experience for their clientele.
- A passion for and commitment to delivering exceptional, pro-active service.
- Sound knowledge of MS office and Salesforce (or similar) is essential. Articulate use of PMS an advantage
- Experience working independently and as part of an energetic, hands on sales team
Skills & Experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Sales Management role, with strong exposure to MICE (meetings, incentive, conference, events), corporate and wholesale
- can negotiate successful commercial outcomes and be hungry to secure new business
- Strong leadership and sales conversion skills
- Passion for managing and maintaining multiple key accounts
- Understand and work to budgets and forecasts
- Be a team player
- Have the passion and drive to sell a variety of product to a variety of clients
- Self-motivated with the ability to work autonomously
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Success in selling via lead generation and cold calling
- Experienced, successful and passionate about meeting sales targets and KPI’s
This position is both office based and ‘on the road’. Domestic and intrastate travel will be required on occasion.
If you are a talented, passionate and performance driven individual wanting to grow your career within an established hospitality sales environment, then we want to hear from you!
Please submit your cover letter outlining why you would be great as our next Director of Sales along with your CV to:
Chief Executive Officer
You can find a copy of the Position Description for this role here: Position Description – Director of Sales.
If you are dedicated, take pride in exceptional customer service, and would like to join our team, please email your resume and a covering letter outlining the role/s you would like to be considered for, the location you would like to work in and why you think you would be asset to our company, to Human Resources Manager, Sharni King.